Friday, March 14, 2014

Anticipation...

I'm not sure how this Post Title got published yesterday, all blank and everything. But I hope it did its job. I must admit, I was surprised to see it... I certainly didn't intend to publish a blank post, and now I shall remedy that while I'm thinking of it, and thinking of Carly Simon's Anticipation...

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway, yay
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

Makin' me late...
I've been meaning to post for what? Two weeks. In my queue there are no less than 4 attempts. But alas, I lead a very busy life. And if you believe that, and I'll tell you another. My life is just like yours. There are household chores, and activities, and meetings, and family and friends to spend time with, and oh yes, we are in the midst of a remodeling project...



which will start coming together anytime now, I'm sure of it. The hearth needs rebuilt, a couple of doors and windows to be replaced, and then we can have the new floor installed. But first we'll take up these chestnut planks and repurpose them. It's a great old floor except for the gaps and dips and out of level spots.


For the season of Lent I've determined (not promised, but determined) to live life intentionally. You know, like with more focus and less procrastination. The Lenten season is only a time of practicing, the goal is for this to be a life change. I know, I know, it's getting late in the game -- how long will a life long commitment be at this point anyway? (Smile with me, please, 'cause if we don't, we might cry.)

Keeping me waiting...
I'm not the sort that lets go a project like what we've got going. Instead I let go writing. But in my quest to live intentionally, in praying about what that means for me, I've realized that when something left undone nags at me, that's what I should be doing first. Check it off the list and move on. And surprise...I can enjoy all sorts of serious accomplishments and serendipitous pleasures by intentionally doing what is before me. Feeling good about week one and a half of my Lenten commitment. Anticipating more success with week 2, 3, and 4. By then I'll have it. Right? By then I'll have it right!

No comments: